Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We've Got Your Back 5k 4/27

This post is a bit late but they did not have our shirts at the race and said that they were in the mail so I was waiting until I got the shirt to write about the race, however the shirt is still not here so let me tell you about the race.

This race was an impromptu race, I signed up four days before race day. When I arrived I was really nervous and made the goal for myself to get under 30 minutes. I got my shoe timer tag and they talked about how the Spine Group specializes in helping people with rare back disorders and the proceeds from the race were going towards a cure for quadriplegics, which I thought was a really cool cause. They led us in a pre race warm up which I thought was really nice.

I tried to stay with people so I could keep a good pace but they would either rush off into the distance  or they would walk so I spent most of the race running alone. I felt really good mile 1 and 2, but at mile 3 I started to mentally defeat myself and slowed down but kept running. I crossed the finish line at 29:45, cutting it pretty close but it always feels great to accomplish a goal.

After crossing the finish line they cut my shoe tag and I got water and a granola bar and received my fancy bag and a pair of socks as a condolence that our shirts were not there (problem with the printer) I then made my way to cupcake van, not the healthiest choice I know but I don't have cupcakes at home and them temptation was to much :)



No comments:

Post a Comment