Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tap N' Run 4k - June 8th 2013

First off, this post took me forever to write because the laptop has passed on. So without further ado, and only over a month late, here is my story about one crazy 4k.

      For those of you who have never heard of this race let  me explain it and its awesomeness. It is a costume race with beer chugging stations at the start, two during the course, and at the finish. People are typically on a team for this race so I was on a two person team of myself and my boyfriend. We went with a Star Wars theme. Team name: Millennium Falcon Me: Princess Leia Boyfriend: Luke
                                                           My attempt at side honey-buns

      It was fun to see all the different costumes, and since there was a beer chugging station at the start we had plenty of time to look because the beginning was slow moving.
Who needs a carrot when there's beer?

    Finally we got to start running. It was hot and I was wearing pants but we were having fun. We did get stopped at a couple red lights by local PD which I personally thought threw off my running groove, but who am I to go against safety and traffic flow? There was a team running near us that were all dressed up as super heroes, but one team member had broken their ankle so they pushed him in a cart. It was funny and sweet.
                                               

    The guy pushing was Iron Man, the guy in cart was Thor (there was a short shorts award at the race, Iron Man wanted to win)

    The beer at the second chug station (first during running course) was quite tasty. It was by Goose island and called Honkers Ale. The next beer at the chug station...not so yummy in my opinion. The course was in downtown Indy and we got to run by Lucas Oil Stadium which was pretty cool to see so close. One day I will make my way inside. A funny sidenote, people were leaning out their car windows asking us what the hell we were doing. :) The last half mile was a little tough on the boyfriend, seeing as he never runs...ever, I thought he did a good job and we kept moving along. Finally we reached the finish line and received our medals, which double as a bottle cap opener, and waited in the long line for our final beer. 
                                                              Both of us after the race

    We stayed for part of the award ceremony which included best burp, best real mustache, best fake mustache, and best costume. Unfortunately due to the loss of the laptop I lost pictures I took during the ceremony. I'm hoping you can imagine how funny it was. We eventually got really hungry, due to it being a dinner time race, and ate at a nearby restaurant. All in all I had tons of fun at this race. Next year I will sign up early and be in the officially times wave so I don't have to wait as long at the start or finish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment